#healthysnackchat Twitter DiscussionGetting Bud to eat fruit has never been an issue for us, thank goodness. He will try most fruit and starts each day with a mixture of it depending on what we have in. He loves apples although he does have a somewhat alarming habit of eating the whole thing and just handing me a stalk. As Bud isn't overly keen on vegetables (he will eat cucumber and that's it at the moment so he has it with every meal, alongside a new vegetable to try) I try to keep our fruit bowl well stocked so he can snack on that rather than reaching for our Easter Egg stash.
I know that helping our children to eat healthily is a big issue for a lot of parents. We all want to feel that they are eating well and getting a balanced diet. Snack time can be a particular minefield with hidden fats and sugar in many shop bought snacks and a lack of inspiration which means that I, certainly, reach for particular favourites that I know he will eat.
Next Monday, 22nd April at 10:30am I will be joining with three other bloggers, Jenny from The Brick Castle, Eileen from ET Speaks from Home and Anna from In the Playroom, for a chat about healthy snacks on Twitter, in association with SA Fruits. We'd like you to share your hints, tips, recipes and advice on the healthy snacks that you offer your children. SA Fruits have supplied us with two Picnic Rucksacks to offer as prizes. One will be won by someone tweeting the promotional tweet, and one during the party. There will also be some smaller prizes to be won during the party.
SA Fruits supply the UK market with a range of fruit and can be found in supermarkets all year round. They sent us a range of fruit to try out which we've all been snacking on this weekend. We received Comice Pears, Red Williams Pears, Royal Gala Apples, Sonogold Plums and Angeleno Plums.
I loved the Red William Pears, they were so tasty and sweet. The Royal Gala Apples were a big hit with both Bud and Little Miss as I pureed one for her.
We don't often buy plums but both varieties we were sent were lovely and sweet with none of the tartness that sometimes puts me off them.
For a chance to win a Picnic Rucksack simply retweet this Twitter status.
I hope you will join in our Twitter chat on Monday 22nd April at 10:30am for an interesting discussion and a chance to win prizes.
Please read the terms and conditions:
1. Open to UK residents only.
2. One picnic rucksack will be won by someone tweeting the #healthysnackchatpromotional tweet between 00:01 on Monday 15th April and 10:00 on Monday 22nd April.
3. One picnic rucksack will be won by someone tweeting one of the#healthysnackchat party tweets between 10:00 and 12:00 on Monday 22nd April.
4. Small prizes will be won by participants in the #healthysnackchat party every fifteen minutes during the party’s running time. 10:30-10:45, 10:46-11:00, 11:01-11:15 and 11:16-11:30.
5. Winners will be chosen at random from all qualifying tweets.
7. The picnic rucksacks prizes will be sent direct from the PR company, winner’s details will be passed on to them for prize fulfillment. Small prizes will be sent by@etspeaksfrom.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. Winners will be notified via Twitter DM, you must be following one of the following Twitter accounts to be notified – @etspeaksfrom, @redrosemummy,@TheBrickCastle and @ummziyad.
10. Please kindly follow our sponsor @SAFruits too. Thank you.